Sunday, January 13, 2013
My Big Problem... I Think
Do you remember when you were a kid and you always wondered why guys in movies or tv shows were so afraid of marriage? I was one of those kids. Now, as a young man I have found myself trapped in this box that I'm not sure I want to be out of any time soon... but eventually. This box I speak of is for protection. From what? Glad you asked. I seem to have this deeply implanted issue with marriage simply because I am not willing to give another person that much power in my life.
I was with some friends in Memphis last week. They were talking to me about being or about to become married. Of course, the single guys had to give them a hard time about it, respectfully. I told them about my issue and one of the guys said "you know, if you think about it like that you will be alone for the rest of your life." That struck me. I did not gain a sudden urge to want to jump into anything. What did happen was my usual state of a cognitive blunder of countless scenarios about how my life could be. At first I thought my disposition was normal. Now I see that this is probably more of a problem than I thought.
I'm usually very busy so this rarely pops up in my mind. However, today it came SO present to my mind that I decided to write this post that I'm sure people have stopped reading somewhere in the first or the middle of the second paragraph. If you have continued to read good job! You just got some comedy (maybe) out of the last couple of sentences. You may also find amusement out of the fact that during a conversation with my good friend that I forgot that the place I have been living in for about 6 years now has 3 bedrooms... but that's another story sorry for getting off topic. Anyway, I really do think that I have a major problem on my hands. What's your opinion? Is it a problem or not? Should I be worried? Should I ignore it? Did the top actually stop spinning at the end of Inception? Your feedback is more than welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment